Most people don’t realize how much they use their shoulders until something feels off. Your shoulder is one of the most widely used joints in your body. From reaching to get things off your kitchen shelf to playing sports or tidying up around your home, your shoulder sees a lot of wear and tear over the years.
If you suffered a shoulder injury or you’re struggling with acute shoulder pain, then its time to discover your shoulder treatment options at NJ Spine and Wellness. Our orthopedic specialists will determine the underlying cause of your pain, so we can get you the help you need to resume using your arm and shoulder comfortably.
We treat a wide range of conditions, providing an individualized shoulder pain treatment that suits your lifestyle. First, we try the least invasive treatment options. However, we also have the skills and knowledge to provide superior surgical options for everything from degenerative disease to a sports-related injury.
Treating Shoulder Pain
When you come to NJ Spine and Wellness, our first concern is what’s causing your shoulder pain so we can properly treat it. During your assessment, we will check the bones, joint and supporting tissue that make up the shoulder area. During your shoulder examination, you can expect the following:
- Providing full medical history including any previous shoulder complaints, injuries or related illnesses
- Undergoing a physical exam to feel for tenderness or swelling and to assess your shoulder’s range of motion and joint stability
- Undergoing imaging tests, such as an X-ray or MRI, to provide detailed pictures of your shoulder’s underlying structures
Conservative Shoulder Treatment
For many of our patients, conservative, non-surgical shoulder treatment is enough to ensure a full recovery. We offer many options that cause minimal disruption to your life while also relieving painful symptoms so you can go back to your normal, daily activities.
Some of our conservative solutions include:
- Rest and medication: Resting your shoulder while avoiding movements that cause pain can be helpful. We may recommend you limit the amount of overhead work or activities you perform while also providing pain medication to help you manage painful symptoms.
- Immobilization: Your doctor may recommend a sling or shoulder immobilizer to keep your shoulder stable, so you don’t re-injure the joint.
- Physical therapy: A specialized physical therapy program can help improve your range of motion, reduce stiffness, strengthen surrounding muscles and improve your shoulder’s stability.
- Injections: Injections into your shoulder joint can reduce inflammation and help you manage pain.
Shoulder Surgery at NJ Spine and Wellness
In some cases, repairing your shoulder surgically may be the best treatment option. From deterioration due to arthritis to severe injuries or accidents, surgery may be the only way to achieve permanent pain relief. Some surgical procedures could include:
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Repair for recurrent shoulder dislocation
- Removal or repair of damaged tissue
Get Better Faster With NJ Spine and Wellness
If you struggle with chronic shoulder pain and find it difficult to perform everyday activities, then don’t wait. The team at NJ Spine and Wellness is here for you. Simply book your appointment online or call us at 877-333-6579 to speak with one of our caring patient advocates.