Knee pain can be excruciating and disabling, especially if gone untreated. The knee is one of the biggest joints in the body, and any injury to the bones, ligament, tendons, muscles or fluid at this joint must be treated promptly.
Our knee specialists at NJ Spine and Wellness focus on non-invasive, conservative knee treatment. Our board-certified doctors work with our trained team of physical therapists, acupuncturists and other experts to provide effective pain treatment services.
Whether your knee pain was caused by a sports injury, accident, trauma or aging, our team is here to create an individualized care plan to relieve your knee pain and improve your mobility.
Treating Knee Pain
Our team of knee pain specialists at NJ Spine and Wellness provides non-surgical treatment at all of our locations. We will determine the best treatment options for your knee pain based on the cause and the intensity of your pain. Our treatment plan includes:
- Physical therapy: In many cases, resting the knee and participating in physical therapy sessions can significantly alleviate knee pain. Our friendly and dedicated physical therapists will work with you to create personalized treatment plans to strengthen the muscles around the knee and improve your range of motion.
- Injections: If your knee inflammation is severe, we may recommend the use of corticosteroid and hyaluronic injections. The first injection helps reduce inflammation, while the second one provides lubrication for better mobility.
- Alternative treatment: Massage therapy and acupuncture may be used as well to get to the root cause of your pain.
Conservative Knee Treatment
Surgery is not the only effective treatment option when you are experiencing knee pain. You can also obtain relief through conservative, non-surgical solutions that also provide effective relief from knee pain. At NJ Spine and Wellness, we work with our patients to mitigate pain with minimal disruption to their daily lives.
For instance, we may suggest physical therapy to help with:
- Improving range of motion
- Reducing stiffness and feelings of locking
- Strengthening knee muscles
- Improving balance and stability
- Improving surgical outcomes
Knee Surgery at NJ Spine and Wellness
Surgical treatment for knee pain may be necessary for certain conditions where there are serious ligament tears or where osteoarthritis has caused serious damage to the knee’s bones. While we prefer and promote conservative, non-invasive knee pain treatment, there are certain cases where knee surgery is necessary for permanent pain relief.
Some of these include:
- Torn meniscus repair
- Meniscus replacement
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction
- Microfracture for stimulating new cartilage growth
- Patellar tendon repair
Book an Appointment With Our Knee Pain Specialists
If you or your loved one is suffering from acute or chronic knee pain, book an appointment now by filling out our form or by giving our patient advocates a call at 877-333-6579 today!