Your hands and wrists are more than just body parts — they’re essential tools that allow you to work and perform countless activities you love every day. At NJ Spine and Wellness, our orthopedic doctors specialize in treating the many intricate components that make up your hands and wrists.
Our treatment begins with the least invasive options, combining a variety of therapeutic approaches to ensure you get the individualized care your hand or wrist condition calls for. Whether your pain is caused by wear and tear due to age, a degenerative disease or trauma, we’ll ensure you get the help you need. For chronic or severe cases, our trained team can also provide surgical intervention so you can return to using your hands and wrists free from pain.
Treating Hand and Wrist Pain
The underlying structures that make up your hand and wrist are a delicate interplay of bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles and joints. Problems with any of these can impact your ability to function, causing disruptions to your home and work life. That’s why proper treatment is critical.
At NJ Spine and Wellness, we take the time to understand your concerns so we can come up with a proper diagnosis. Only then can we create an individualized care plan to address your hand or wrist pain. All this begins the moment you meet with one of our caring and knowledgeable doctors.
Your thorough examination will include:
- Medical history as well as previous hand or wrist issues, related illnesses or injuries
- Comprehensive physical exam to feel for swelling, tenderness and visible deformation
- Possible imaging tests, such as X-ray, to give your doctor a detailed picture of the underlying structures in your hand and wrist
Conservative Hand and Wrist Treatment
After diagnosing your hand or wrist problem, we will recommend the most effective treatment plan to improve your condition. Our goal is to get you on the road to long-term recovery as quickly as possible.
We offer many conservative treatment options for both hand and wrist conditions that address pain without an invasive surgery. This includes:
- Immobilization and bracing: Splints, braces and other immobilization tools can stabilize the affected area and keep it stationary. This prevents additional harm and gives your hand or wrist a chance to heal.
- Medication: While resting your affected hand or wrist, our physicians may recommend medication to relieve your painful symptoms and help with inflammation.
- Physical therapy: If you’re experiencing swelling, stiffness or pain in your hands or wrists, patient-specific exercises can help reduce symptoms.
- Injections: Therapeutic injections can reduce many of the side effects of conditions affecting the hands or wrists.
Hand and Wrist Surgery at NJ Spine and Wellness
For some patients, surgery offers your best chance at long-lasting pain relief and overall better function in your hand or wrist. If needed, your skilled physician will be with your every step of the way to explain the details of your surgery and ensure you fully understand what to expect.
Get Better Faster With NJ Spine and Wellness
Your hands touch every aspect of your life. That’s why our team of specialists provide the highest level of care at NJ Spine and Wellness. Book your appointment online today or call to speak with one of our compassionate patient advocates at 877-333-6579.