At NJSW, our doctors specialize in diagnosing and treating ankle and foot conditions using non-surgical treatment. We focus on helping you get better faster so you can get back to doing what you love to do.
Our expert orthopedic doctors approach each foot or ankle condition by performing a thorough examination and diagnosis. This enables us to discover the root cause of the pain in the foot or ankle. We then develop a personalized plan of foot or ankle pain treatment that suits your age and lifestyle.
We begin treatment with our least invasive treatment options. We combine a variety of therapies, including physical therapy, acupuncture and alternative methods. We only recommend surgical procedures for severe or chronic cases.
Treating Foot & Ankle Pain
After diagnosing your foot and ankle problem, we will recommend the most effective treatment to improve your condition quickly with the goal of providing long-term recovery. Treatments we offer include:
- Rest: Rest and ice packing can increase the rate of healing when you have a simple sprain or strain in your ankle. It also aids healing when there is a stress fracture on any of your toes.
- Injections: Getting cortisone injections can help decrease pain and reduce inflammation caused by bunions or arthritis.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy helps reduce pain by strengthening the muscles around the foot and ankle. Physical therapy can also boost stability and balance immediately after a surgical procedure.
- Additional support: Bracing, splinting or casting can provide support for fractures, strains and sprains in the foot or ankle.
Conservative Foot & Ankle Treatment
We apply non-surgical solutions to help you reduce pain and increase mobility without surgical procedures. We address underlying conditions while we help you manage pain and reduce instability without invasive surgery.
Our team at NJ Spine and Wellness works to implement a treatment plan which may include:
- Pain management: Using pain medications to reduce muscle spasms, pain and inflammation.
- Bracing: Immobilizing a part of, or the whole, foot or ankle to improve healing. This could be combined with the use of walking devices like crutches.
- Use of special footwear: Special shoes or adding orthotics to shoes can help reduce pain, relieve pressure and prevent inflammation. Insoles can help keep the bones and soft tissues in the right position for quicker healing.
- Injections: Using platelet-rich plasma (PRP) or corticosteroids can help relieve pain and manage symptoms while aiding the natural healing of foot and ankle injuries.
Foot & Ankle Surgery at NJ Spine and Wellness
Our orthopedic surgeons are highly skilled and certified to perform foot and ankle surgeries when they are needed to treat certain underlying causes of pain. We can offer the following types of foot and ankle surgical procedures:
- Bunion surgery
- Distal osteotomy
- Proximal osteotomy
- Ankle fusion
- Ankle replacement
- Tendon transfer
Book an Appointment to Treat Your Foot and Ankle Pain
If you need relief from foot and ankle pain, please book an appointment with one of our orthopedic doctors today. Give us a call at 877-333-6579 or complete our appointment booking form today. You can choose the center closest to your residence in New Jersey.