If you recently suffered from a spinal or brain injury, we understand how overwhelming it can be to relearn the skills and tasks you were able to perform every day. NJ Spine and Wellness offers neurorehabilitation at our Old Bridge, Freehold, and Matawan locations to help you through this transition, so you can get back to doing the things you love.
What is Neuro Rehab?
Neurological rehabilitation is a doctor-supervised program designed to help people recover from diseases, injury, or disorders of the nervous system. Neurological conditions can interfere with an individual’s ability to perform daily activities due to debilitating weakness, poor balance, and reduced mobility. Our neuro rehab program will help to improve balance, coordination, strength, flexibility, and more through specific therapeutic exercises. The goal of our neurological rehab program is to reduce symptoms while improving function and the complete well-being of the patient. We want to help you to return to the highest possible level of function while improving your overall quality of life.
Who Benefits from a Neuro Rehab Program?
Some of the conditions that may benefit from neurological rehab include:
- Vascular disorders, such as ischemic strokes, hemorrhagic strokes, subdural hematoma, and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs).
- Infections, such as meningitis, encephalitis, polio, and brain abscesses.
- Trauma, such as brain and spinal cord injury.
- Structural or neuromuscular disorders, such as Bell palsy, cervical spondylosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, brain or spinal cord tumors, peripheral neuropathy, muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, and Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- Functional disorders, such as headache, seizure disorder, and dizziness.
- Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer’s disease, and Huntington chorea.
How NJ Spine and Wellness Can Help
Rehabilitation is a process, but at NJ Spine and Wellness, we want to help you get better, faster. With our multidisciplinary approach, you may work with several specialists during your program, including physical therapists and occupational therapists. Here are some of the skills our team will help improve:
- Performing daily tasks, such as eating, dressing, bathing, and household activities
- Communication—both verbal and written
- Speech and language
- Balance and coordination
- Overall function, mobility, and independence
A neurological rehab program is designed to meet your individual needs and will be catered to your specific disease or injury. At NJ Spine and Wellness, we believe in creating programs with you—not for you, so your active involvement will be crucial to the success of the program.
Take the First Step Towards Getting Better, Faster
If you recently suffered from a spinal or brain injury, we encourage you to start your neuro rehab program as soon as possible to get the best outcome. To schedule an appointment with one of our NJ Spine and Wellness specialists, call 877-333-6579 today. Visit the NJ Spine and Wellness location page for details on specific hours and locations for our Old Bridge, Freehold, Matawan, and East Brunswick centers.