Most elbow pain is caused by overuse. Due to the frequent arm movement that occurs during work, sports, and hobbies, you could easily injure your elbow joint. Injury may also be caused by arthritis, although your elbow will not wear like the joints in your spine, knee, or ankle. Before taking treatment for elbow pain, you need to be sure of the root causes of elbow pain. What is Causing Your Elbow Pain?
Treating Elbow Pain
Your doctor will carefully examine your elbow, gather your medical history and recommend tests to gain a detailed view of your elbow joint. For acute or mild elbow pain, your doctor will recommend self-care which includes:
- Rest: Avoiding activities that can make the pain worse
- Support: Using an elbow pad to cushion the joint and reduce soreness
- Ice: Placing an ice pack on your elbow joint for close to 20 minutes daily
For severe or chronic elbow pain, your doctor may recommend:
- Aspiration: Extracting excess fluid from the elbow joint
- Steroid injection: Injecting steroids into the elbow to ease inflammation and relieve pain quickly
Book an Appointment to Treat Elbow Pain Today
If you need urgent pain relief or pain management for your elbow, contact us now at 877-333-6579 or fill out our appointment booking form. You will be connected with our team of doctors at NJ Spine and Wellness offices located in Old Bridge, Matawan, East Brunswick, and Freehold.