They are at the forefront of youth athletics. By definition, a concussion is a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and needs to be treated appropriately. NJ Spine and Wellness offers a unique program providing elite care from preseason baseline testing to subsequent physical therapy. Your athlete’s testing will be administered by a licensed Athletic Trainer certified in testing and evaluation. Subsequent rehabilitation will be provided by a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy and closely monitored by our Athletic Training team. Protect your youth athlete’s developing brain and schedule their pre-season baseline test today.
- Pre-season baseline screening
- Impact Computerized Concussion Test
- Balance Error Scoring System (BESS)
- Standardized Assessment of Concussion (SAC)
- Repeat Testing
- Zurich 5-Step Return To Play Protocol
- Includes customized care plan sensitive to the athlete’s condition
- Closesly monitored by Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapists
- Allows for safe return to sport
Remember: The nature and severity of this injury provides a very wide range of symptoms that are not always visbile. No two concussive events are ever the same. Each one is unique and each one must be treated on a case-by-case basis. Baseline testing is crucial in that gives us the opportunity to assess the athlete’s mental and physical status prior to their injury. We can in turn use the initial information to compare pre and post-injury, allowing us to better tailor the athlete’s care plan. Information provided by ImPACT concussion testing is critical to all healthcare providers involved in the athlete’s treatment. Fill out the form below for more information on this program.