Occupational Therapy at NJ Spine and Wellness
We believe in the importance of your overall physical and mental well-being at NJ Spine and Wellness. In addition to our chiropractic and physical therapy treatments to help you rehabilitate, we also offer occupational therapy at our Old Bridge, Freehold and Matawan locations.
The licensed occupational therapists at NJ Spine and Wellness help patients to gain independence and maximize their quality of life through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. If you experience pain, an injury, illness or a disability that interferes with your ability to perform your everyday tasks, occupational therapy can teach you how to adapt. It can help improve the way you perform at your job, school, or your home.
Start Occupational Therapy Today
Common occupational therapy interventions we specialize in at NJ Spine and Wellness include helping people recovering from injury or stroke to regain skills, providing support for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes, and helping children with disabilities participate in daily activities.
Conditions occupational therapy can help with:
- Neurological conditions. Our occupational therapists work with stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, Parkinson’s, and Multiple Sclerosis patients on range of motion, strengthening and visual perceptual training. The goal is to improve independence for patients so they can perform their daily tasks.
- Hand injuries. An occupational therapist can help with common hand injuries such as arthritis, tendonitis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger, lateral/medial epicondylitis, finger fractures, Dupuytren’s contracture and distal radius fracture.
- Upper extremity splinting. A splint may be needed after an injury, surgery or for those with conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome. It’s used to support, immobilize or protect the arm or hand. Occupational therapists can make custom splints for patients if needed or will use pre-fabricated splints.
- Developmental delay. Occupational therapy can help improve motor, cognitive, sensory processing, communication and play skills for children with developmental delays. The goal is to enhance their development, minimize the potential for developmental delay, and help families meet the special needs of their infants and toddlers.
- Spinal injury. Spinal injury rehabilitation varies by patient, but occupational therapists can help reduce barriers, gain independence and facilitate rehabilitation.
- Functional rehabilitation. An occupational therapist can assess the areas of functional difficulty help patients with rehabilitation. Customized treatment plans ensure that patients gain independence in all areas of day-to-day life.
What to Expect from Your Visit with NJ Spine and Wellness
The occupational therapy team at NJ Spine and Wellness will meet with you for a consultation. Our specialists in Old Bridge, Freehold or Matawan centers will learn about your background and goals. From there, our occupational therapists will create a customized treatment plan to meet your individual needs. We will track your progress to make sure your goals are being met and you are getting desirable outcomes.
Start Occupational Therapy Today
Schedule an Occupational Therapy Appointment Today
If you or your child needs occupational therapy, call us at 877-333-6579 for a consultation today. Visit the NJ Spine and Wellness location page for details on specific hours and locations for our Old Bridge, Freehold, Matawan and East Brunswick centers.